Sign in to follow this  
Shadowtrooper

C++ game instruction

Is there/are there any kind of game-oriented programming tutorials that cost very little if anything at all? Money is almost always tight with me so I can't afford (yet) to invest in any proper classes or reference books. Ideally I'd like something that not only tells me what to do, but also why I'm doing it. Thanks in advance!

- Read the For Beginners forum FAQ
- borwse through the Articles & Resources section. there are billions of tutorials there
- google the intarweb

However, the _game_ oriented stuff will always require an advanced understanding of a language. Games are advanced programming, you can't start with games (well, text based games perhaps). Generally the best course of study is:

1) learn to program
2) learn to program games

there are ample non-game related programming tutorials out there that will teach you what you need to know to start step #2

-me

Quote:
Original post by Palidine
However, the _game_ oriented stuff will always require an advanced understanding of a language. Games are advanced programming, you can't start with games (well, text based games perhaps).

Ah yes...a fact I'm all too well aware of :P Thank's ya'll I'll definitely look into those things.