Heavy Steel - TBS set in 23rd century Earth

Started by
5 comments, last by coltsith 17 years, 6 months ago
Heavy Steel File Size: 4 MB Genre: Turn-based Strategy Download Link: Demo Version Homepage: http://www.battlephase.com/heavysteel Requires a 1280x1024 resolution to run properly. Heavy Steel is a turn-based strategy game set in 23rd century Earth. Take command of over 50 units, including: tanks, infantry, helicopters and more. Battle over jungles, forests, post-apocalyptic wastelands, and other planets. Or even use the Heavy Steel Map Builder to create your own maps, hex by hex! Screenshots: Build your own maps, hex by hex! Battle even on Mars! 15 different missions Thanks, and enjoy!
Advertisement
Interesting. The board reminds me of Catan. Did you get any inspiration from the Catan hexagonal board pieces or is this just coincidence?
Quote:Original post by WorldPlanter
Interesting. The board reminds me of Catan. Did you get any inspiration from the Catan hexagonal board pieces or is this just coincidence?

Not really, I love Settlers of Catan but for this game the inspiration came mostly from hex and counter wargames I've played in the past.

Hope you enjoy it, and thanks for the feedback.

"Please note: In order to run this game properly, your
computer must be able to support a 1280 x 1024
resolution."

Cool concept, but I think you might exclude some customers with that resolution. Especially overseas.
Wonderful game! My favorite type. They don't make them any more.

I didn't get much chance to play a lot of your game (and I'll definitely spend more time on it) but this is what I can say for now:

Thumb up:
- The game itself. True, it may look like a clone of other games of this kind but at least it's not yet another failed MMORPG project or 'my first game' pong remake (no offence meant!).
- Game is polished and all seems to be working perfectly.
- Great look and feel of the interface.
- Relatively good (intuitive) user interface.
- Variety of units.

Thumb down:
- Game graphics could use some artistic touch. But having said that I must agree it's very difficult to find any graphics artist (especially for this sort of games)

Anyway, very good job!
Wow very neat game, i'm really impressed by the interface. I like the map making system, overall neat game. You don't seen many off that sort around anymore.
Thanks!

A few people have said that the art could be improved but I must say that this game wouldn't half as good (let alone completed) if it wasn't for the artist.

As for the resolution, I know, I know. I screwed up here. It's too late now, but next game will be 1024x768 compatible. I learned my lesson!

Hope you guys continue to enjoy the game!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement