Sign in to follow this  
CzarKirk

Javascript Compiler

As far as I get there are none; javascript is an interpreted language which is common to scripting languages. Your browser is (has) an interpreter in it; firefox has a javascript console in which errors are reported. You can also use online script testers such as JSLint.

Greetz,

Illco.

You could get something like TextPad or one of the many similar products out there if you'd like; basically it's Notepad with extras (such as some support for syntax highlighting, etc.). Have a google around using the features you'd like as keywords, there's a good chance someone had created a suitable chance, and even a pretty good chance you'll be able to find something you'll like that's free if you don't want to pay for something.

Visual Studio is nice to edit javascript in. It does indenting and colorizing (no Intellisense though IIRC). FrontPage gives you intellisense for javascript. And Vi is always nice for any language.

Aptana might be what you're looking for. It is primarily designed for AJAX development and has nice Javascrpt editing functions with syntax highlighting, intellisense etc. I haven't used it myself but it looks pretty decent.