Javascript Compiler

Started by
6 comments, last by Prototype 17 years, 6 months ago
Hey does anyone know of a free decent &#106avascript compiler, preferably with some kind of debugger? Thanks.
Advertisement
As far as I get there are none; &#106avascript is an interpreted language which is common to scripting languages. Your browser is (has) an interpreter in it; firefox has a &#106avascript console in which errors are reported. You can also use &#111;nline script testers such as JSLint.<br><br>Greetz,<br><br> Illco.
Well is there at least something for me to write it in? It's a pain having to manually make indents again on every line.
notepad
You could get something like TextPad or one of the many similar products out there if you'd like; basically it's Notepad with extras (such as some support for syntax highlighting, etc.). Have a google around using the features you'd like as keywords, there's a good chance someone had created a suitable chance, and even a pretty good chance you'll be able to find something you'll like that's free if you don't want to pay for something.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Visual Studio is nice to edit &#106avascript in. It does indenting and colorizing (no Intellisense though IIRC). FrontPage gives you intellisense for &#106avascript. And Vi is always nice for any language.
Mozilla has Venkman, a &#106avascript debugger.
Aptana might be what you're looking for. It is primarily designed for AJAX development and has nice Javascrpt editing functions with syntax highlighting, intellisense etc. I haven't used it myself but it looks pretty decent.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement