• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
FreJa

OpenGL your opinion and suggestions

This topic is 4282 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, I'm working on a simple opengl application to simulate satellite orbits around earth. This is part of a master thesis on real time orbit calculation for satellites, and serves just as an "eye-candy". Still, I'd like it to be good candy, so... I need your opinions and suggestions on how I can make it sweeter: download. Of course this is very unfinished... Thanks

Advertisement
no thoughts?

one more thing... what can I do to decrease cpu and resources consumption? I mean, the scene I'm showing you has a skybox (6 textures), and the earth (2 textures) and its consuming about 14.500k... is this reasonable?

thanks again

You forgot Glut32.dll as well (but I already had it).

I don't really know what kind of feedback you want. You said it demonstrates orbits, but all I can see is Earth spinning on its axis, which looks very cool. Is there supposed to be a moon?

If you are looking for ideas on how to make the Earth look cooler, I'd suggest making the cloud cover less static if possible. I'm not sure how that could be done though.

Alos, I see you have a stars texture, but the program never loads that when I run it; the Earth is just on a white background.

Quote:

I don't really know what kind of feedback you want. You said it demonstrates orbits, but all I can see is Earth spinning on its axis, which looks very cool. Is there supposed to be a moon?

no orbits yet, im just working on the graphics part right now.
and its orbits for artificial satellites (cubesats btw).

Quote:

Alos, I see you have a stars texture, but the program never loads that when I run it; the Earth is just on a white background.

hmm... weird, no idea why that happens :(

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!