Sign in to follow this  
rhochene

Need help using D3DXComputeTangentFrameEx

I can not figure out how to use this function properly. When called I recieve the error message "U Partial channel not present in output mesh." I read on another thread that this means my FVF and vertex decleration are wrong, but I don't know how reliable this info is. If this is the case, here are my structures: D3DFVF_EFFECTVERTEX D3DFVF_XYZ | D3DFVF_NORMAL | (D3DFVF_TEX0 | D3DFVF_TEXCOORDSIZE2(0)) | (D3DFVF_TEX1 | D3DFVF_TEXCOORDSIZE3(1)) | (D3DFVF_TEX2 | D3DFVF_TEXCOORDSIZE3(2)) struct EFFECTVERTEX { D3DXVECTOR3 position_; D3DXVECTOR3 normal_; D3DXVECTOR2 texUV_; D3DXVECTOR3 tangent_; D3DXVECTOR3 binormal_; } I have attempted many variations of the call to computeTangentFrameEx, and they all give the same results. Here is how I call the function: ID3DXMesh *TangentMesh; D3DXComputeTangentFrameEx(CleanMesh, D3DDECLUSAGE_TEXCOORD, 0, D3DDECLUSAGE_TEXCOORD, 1, D3DDECLUSAGE_TEXCOORD, 2, D3DDECLUSAGE_NORMAL, 0, D3DXTANGENT_WEIGHT_EQUAL | D3DXTANGENT_WRAP_UV, CleanAdj, .01f, .25f, .01f, &TangentMesh, NULL);