• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
pixelhead

global alpha + glColorPointer

This topic is 4458 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi - I am using a per vertex color via VBOs and glColorPointer. The per vertex colors are currently RGB, no alpha. Is there a way to specify a global alpha that affects the colors in the glColorPointer? My vertex count is pretty high so I wanted to avoid locking the VBO every time the alpha is changed. Thanks.

Advertisement
From what I've read, setting a 3 channel color in openGL implicitly sets the alpha component to 1, so there is probably no easy way of doing this.

I think your best bet would be to remove your per-vertex color information (use a texture instead, if possible) and just call glColor4[blah] before you draw the mesh.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!