Need For Speed Car Models!!??

Started by
2 comments, last by Gorax 17 years, 6 months ago
Hellozzz, i have a question, does any one know what format are the car models in Need For Speed Underground 1 or 2?? how did the developers make it possible for the car to alter its outer look when some accessories are added to its body? is it just a matter attaching these accesoried to certain locations in regard tot he position and dimension of the car? hope to hear from u af
Advertisement
I don't know the format, but it's probably proprietary.

And the odds are yea, components like fenders, spoilers, etc. simply attach to specific mount-points. One way to do this is to have an artist create an "unmodded" car mesh, then break the car down into components while at the same time configuring the mount-points.
Grab a copy of ZModeler2 and you should be like a piggy in poo :) You should be able to see how they are all put together.
They have different models for each car. The parts might look the same on different cars, but there are some subtle differences here and there that you'll see if you look closely. They probably used one base model per part, and remodelled it to fit each car, since remodelling it all the time would have been rather annoying for the modellers, but considering some of the mistakes they've made, I think it was already annoying enough.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement