Sign in to follow this  
noonybanana

Java Genetic Programming System

Hi I am looking at evolving an evaluation function for an African board game called morabaraba. One of my requirements is that a use genetic programming to generate the evaluation function. A program has already been written in Java that plays itself using a very basic evaluation function. I am running out of time and was just wondering if anyone knows of a simple and easy to learn java genetic programming system? I have considered using ECJ but I think the learning curve will be way to steep for me. Also are there any GP systems for which the generating of game evaluation functions have been thoroughly documented? Any help help will be greatly appreciated. Jurie.

I seen program from Kent Paul Dolan. It was called traveller, and has significantly large documentation that could give you some ideas about genetic programming and allow you to create something yourself.

Java itself is a programming language, of course it doesn't have ready to use genetic programming system inside of core libraries. If someone created some program that might be helpful or not, that you might discover if you'd briefly browse sourceforge.net.