hey i was wondering

Started by
11 comments, last by jbadams 17 years, 6 months ago
i want ot build a 3d game with an engine that i dont want use any programming language like fps creator. i dont want to use fps creator because i want to make a game i made into 3d and its going to be mostly outside. if u know of one plz reply with a heperlink and or if u used it wat can it make....
Advertisement
You could try something like the Torque game engine (google it). But better might be to make a mod of Half-Life or Unreal or someting like that. Modding generally does not involve code writing.

-me
nahhhhhh i dont want ot make a mod i want to make my own game.
Quote:Original post by C_Coffie
nahhhhhh i dont want ot make a mod i want to make my own game.

well.... if you're using someone else's engine and you're not writing any code then technically it's a mod. so whether you use the half-life engine or you use another engine like Torque, it's a mod. Just because it's a mod doesn't mean it's not your own game. The way that the Source engine is written, Half-Life 2 is technically a mod, so is unreal tournament, so is battle for middle earth, etc.

There are just different levels of mod-ness. If you just change some gun settings that's a pretty minor mod, but if you replace all the graphics and re-script a lot of the game rules, then it's a pretty major mod.

don't get caught up on semantics

-me
Try GameMaker.
D. "Nex" ShankarRed Winter Studios
i dont like game maker you know any others

);
So to clarify, you want to make a 3D game with an engine without using point and click tools? In which case:
C# with XNA
C++ with Ogre
Python with PyOgre
Python with PyGame
... and I am sure there are more out there.

Steven Yau
[Blog] [Portfolio]

Quote:Original post by yaustar
So to clarify, you want to make a 3D game with an engine without using point and click tools? In which case:
C# with XNA
C++ with Ogre
Python with PyOgre
Python with PyGame
... and I am sure there are more out there.

I think he means it the other way, no programming just point and click?
My Blog
Dude, this is not a chatroom. Show some respect, type out your posts with proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar.

As for your question, it does not make sense as written. Take a deep breath, then describe in some detail what you want to do.

[Edited by - King of Men on October 5, 2006 7:26:49 PM]
To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Quote:Original post by King of Men
Dude, this is not a chatroom. Show wome respect, type out your posts with proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar.

As for your question, it does not make sense as written. Take a deep breath, then describe in some detail what you want to do.

Agreed. Rate++ for you.

C_Coffie: If you want to make a FPS using a point-and-click system, then you're pretty much stuck with FPS Creator or building your own game engine. Another option would be to use an available graphics library or game engine (like Ogre3D, Irrlicht, or Torque.)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement