cross-platform user interface/windowing api

Started by
0 comments, last by GameDev.net 17 years, 6 months ago
I've asked a similar question to this before, and after having tried some of the recommended options, I began to understand a bit more of what I am looking for. I would like to use a cross-platform api to do windowing and UI stuff that will work with OpenGL. I have heard that QT is really great for this sort of thing, however from what I can tell, it isn't cross platform. I'd like to use something that will work with Windows and Mac primarily, but also Linux, if such a thing exists. I was advised to check out WxWidgets, however from reading up, it looks like I can only use OpenGL with WxWidgets for Windows and Linux. I was hoping to find something that would do MacOS. So I turn to you all again in search of advice :) Thanks in advance!
~Mark~
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by El3mental
I've asked a similar question to this before, and after having tried some of the recommended options, I began to understand a bit more of what I am looking for.

I would like to use a cross-platform api to do windowing and UI stuff that will work with OpenGL. I have heard that QT is really great for this sort of thing, however from what I can tell, it isn't cross platform. I'd like to use something that will work with Windows and Mac primarily, but also Linux, if such a thing exists.

I was advised to check out WxWidgets, however from reading up, it looks like I can only use OpenGL with WxWidgets for Windows and Linux. I was hoping to find something that would do MacOS.

So I turn to you all again in search of advice :) Thanks in advance!

QT *is* pretty much as cross-platform as it gets, that is it will work under Win32, Mac/Linux. So does wxWidgets.

If you are looking for a native OpenGL GUI library for a GAME, then you might want to check out the crazy Eddy GUI engine

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement