what's wrong with my vc?

Started by
3 comments, last by Endurion 17 years, 6 months ago
when I press the compiler command to compile my program,the color of my compiler command become to gray and my program can't be compiled! my vc6.0 is always in a can't be compiled state . at the same time I also can't close my vc6.0,when I want to close it,it give me a hint :You can't close a workspace while a build is in progrees,select the stop build command before closing a workspace. but even if I do this,noting changed!! so I have to use the windows task manager closing my vc. this bad thing hanpened more and more frequent! can anybody tell me how this bad thing hanpend? How to figure out it?
Advertisement
Maybe you'll just have to wait until the compilation is complete...?

Otherwise: get the free Visual Studio Express.
Here are some links to the Express Editions of Visual Studio for easier access:

Visual Studio Express Versions

Unfortunately, the express version doesn't come with the Platform (Windows) SDK, so you should also read these instructions:

Using the Platform SDK.

I highly recommend upgrading to this edition of Visual C++, because it's more standards compliant than VC6, it's free, and I find it easier to use.
XBox 360 gamertag: templewulf feel free to add me!
Quote:
Maybe you'll just have to wait until the compilation is complete...?

He's probably waited quite some time. The same thing happens to me on occasion and I've yet to figure out why. The compile begins but won't finish within the few seconds that it normally does. It just stays "greyed out." I generally have to use task manager to kill the process and even then it gives me the same message about doing something while a compile is in progress before eventually removing the task.

Lilith
Ŀ
This can happen if the compiler or linker gets stuck. Find the processes of cl.exe and/or vcspawn.exe. Kill those and the area gets ungreyed again.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement