Win32 Dialog Boxes with C++

Started by
1 comment, last by Skizz 17 years, 6 months ago
Hi, I'm kind of blundering my way through a project right now, and I need to figure out how to make an input dialog box using Win32 API calls and C++. What I'd really like to be able to do is have a bitmap for the background, with all the buttons and fields drawn on, but I'm not sure how to implement a text field the user could type into, or how to create the dialog box itself. I've looked around a little bit, but the only information I've found is on using the MFC, which I don't seem to have with Borland C++ Builder, and some vague instructions on using a DialogBox macro and some kind of template resource. If somebody could give me a comprehensive explanation of how to do this, I would be grateful. [Edited by - Megaman_22 on October 6, 2006 8:03:23 AM]
Eric Richards
Advertisement
http://winprog.org/tutorial/ has a few good tutorials on the subject. It doesn't cover bitmap backgrounds though.
To have a bitmap background, process the WM_ERASEBKGND message in the dialog's window procedure (DLGPROC). Don't forget to return TRUE if you process the message.

Skizz

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement