[.net] Getting right-click context menu items for files through Explorer/shell..?

Started by
2 comments, last by benryves 17 years, 6 months ago
I've been developing an IDE, and part of that is a file browser. Here's a screenshot of the control I've written at the moment: The items in the context menu are currently derived by hammering the registry and doing some crude conversions of their names (with no regard for internationalisation, of course). I don't know how else I'd do it - any bright ideas?

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Advertisement
You pretty much have to get the apps that can be used from the registry. I don't know of any other way. What exactly don't you like about your implementation?

Former Microsoft XNA and Xbox MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on game development

I'd have "Edit with External Application...", which would bring up a file dialog where the user would select an executable. You could even have your application remember which applications the user entered and then list them as a submenu to the Edit with External Application item.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Quote:Original post by Machaira
What exactly don't you like about your implementation?
Mainly the way I handle the translation of the common names.

I like Rob's solution, though. It's much simpler and more effective. [smile]

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement