• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ayron

win32 borderless window?

This topic is 4280 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to create a window without borders. I tried POPUP | VISIBLE styles, but the window doesn't show at all (though it shows on the taskbar). I read that CW_USEDEFAULT doesn't work with the POPUP flag but removing them doesn't make a difference. Will somebody please point me in the right direction? TIA!

Advertisement
A quick glance on my own code says that I'm using

bool borders = ...;
const DWORD dwstyle = borders ? WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW : (WS_OVERLAPPED | WS_POPUP);

Hi deffer, I tried that but it only shows up in the task bar, there's no window displayed on the screen. Could it have something to do with the window class style tags? Currently I have it set to zero.

Oops, I had to make a call to SetWindowPos() to get it to show up. Thanks again deffer.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!