[web] Drawing "stuff" OVER html images and fonts...etc.

Started by
1 comment, last by leiavoia 17 years, 6 months ago
Okay, I'm not sure if what im asking can be done, atleast not the way im envisioning it. I want small "windows" to appear within a website's page. I would like for it to stay within the browser. Being able to move it around is NOT a requirement. Basically im looking for a place to show an HTML table that is (or simply appears to be) drawn as an overlay. ie. it's drawn on top of anything behind it, like textboxes, buttos, images...etc. scripted pop-up boxes dont work here. and i dont think having a separete window would do either. i think im just looking for some kind of drawing trick/technique.
Advertisement
Look up the CSS position and z-index properties.

John B
The best thing about the internet is the way people with no experience or qualifications can pretend to be completely superior to other people who have no experience or qualifications.
There are some &#106avascript toolkits that create mini-windows much like you describe. They look just like real "windows" with a title bar and close [X] button. You can move them and resize them and fill them with anything you want. That might be overkill for what you want, but it would be cool and it would already be created, bug-tested, and ready to roll.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement