Sign in to follow this  
Toolmaker

[J2ME] Several questions on layouts, backgrounds, items

I'm messing a bit around with J2ME, and at the moment, I'm really fed up with it. I want to make a little timer app for myself to manage my meditation sessions. My phone lacks such a functionality(Motorola Razr V3 has no countdown timer). I started out with a bunch of canvasses to each state: InputCanvas and a TimerCanvas. Then I quickly noticed, that you can't add controls(or Item as it's called in j2me world) to a Canvas. I changed my InputCanvas into a Form, noticed the controls were added(below eachother, grrrr), and what made me mad, was that I can't draw a background on the Form. It also really pisses me off that I can't place 2 controls next to eachother, they just have to be below eachother(And, I can't compile with LAYOUT_SHRINK, it doesn't exist, I'm using MIDP 2.0). So, any ideas? Toolmaker

Quote:
Original post by shmoove
You could use one of the UI toolkits that implements widgets on a Canvas:

Synclast
J2ME Polish
MWT (site seems to be down ATM gone [sad])

They are all free for non-commercial use as far as I know.

shmoove

Great, I'm looking at Synclast/Polish right now. Both require a GPL license for non-commercial projects, something I'm not too fond off. But it's only a really simple project, so I don't mind.

Thanks.

Toolmaker