• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
phyar

Demo of my Simple Physics Engine

This topic is 4361 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, Finally, I finished the demo of my Simple Physics Engine, you can download it here: http://phyar.cn.googlepages.com/spe.rar For more details, please visit: http://phyar.cn.googlepages.com/spe.html Any comments or suggestions are welcome. thanks.

Advertisement
Wow :)

Apart from it being really impressive - I just have two comments. One is the rather obvious one that supporting primitives would both speed up many situations, and also provide better rolling behaviour for rounded objects (sphere, torus etc). The other is that your API appears to use D3DXMATRIX directly - that would prevent it being used in many applications.

Thanks for your reply.
I would consider to support primitives in the future.
My API support DirectX directly, but it provide interface for OpenGL applications too.
Quote:
Original post by MrRowl
Wow :)

Apart from it being really impressive - I just have two comments. One is the rather obvious one that supporting primitives would both speed up many situations, and also provide better rolling behaviour for rounded objects (sphere, torus etc). The other is that your API appears to use D3DXMATRIX directly - that would prevent it being used in many applications.

Wow...very impressive. I can't really fault you on anything...it looks great, and ran great.

Maybe show a more complex demo of the vehicles/ragdolls. Personally I would have added a controllable vehicle scene (with jumps, etc.) and a skinned ragdoll (the ragdoll hierarchy attached to an actual character mesh). Have you implemented those two things using your library?

Also have you tested the scenes with a complex (50k-75k triangles) static world mesh?

But damn...looks very stable/solid...keep up the good work!

- Dan

P.S. What types of licensing are you planning on doing for commercial games?

Thanks for your suggestions.

In the "Joint" scene, you can see there is a basic car, but I think some special work need to be added for use in the game. There is also a ragdoll on the stair, SPE controls the bone matrix in the mesh, it's easy to implemente a skinned mesh. Joint resolver is separated from collision resolve system, so maybe some problems exist at present, I'll go on to debug with it.

I haven't tested complex mesh with that many triangles, but I know it could take a long time to initialize this shape, so a Save and Load function would be added to SPEShape class. After initialized, I think it can work fine.

SPE is commercial software, it would not be free for commercial use, other details are under consideration.

Quote:
Original post by dgreen02
Wow...very impressive. I can't really fault you on anything...it looks great, and ran great.

Maybe show a more complex demo of the vehicles/ragdolls. Personally I would have added a controllable vehicle scene (with jumps, etc.) and a skinned ragdoll (the ragdoll hierarchy attached to an actual character mesh). Have you implemented those two things using your library?

Also have you tested the scenes with a complex (50k-75k triangles) static world mesh?

But damn...looks very stable/solid...keep up the good work!

- Dan

P.S. What types of licensing are you planning on doing for commercial games?

3.46 FPS is the highest that I got. Then again, I have a really old PC with 32 MB video memory and 256 MB RAM >_<

very nice :)
As for the car, some simple spring and dampers would give it more grip (would for the tire onto the ground a bit).

Quote:
Original post by V-man
It says d3dx9_29.dll is not found

The dll download is on phyar's page.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!