Demo of my Simple Physics Engine

Started by
15 comments, last by phyar 17 years, 6 months ago
Hello, Finally, I finished the demo of my Simple Physics Engine, you can download it here: http://phyar.cn.googlepages.com/spe.rar For more details, please visit: http://phyar.cn.googlepages.com/spe.html Any comments or suggestions are welcome. thanks.
Advertisement
Wow :)

Apart from it being really impressive - I just have two comments. One is the rather obvious one that supporting primitives would both speed up many situations, and also provide better rolling behaviour for rounded objects (sphere, torus etc). The other is that your API appears to use D3DXMATRIX directly - that would prevent it being used in many applications.

That is amazing!! the physucs is awsome and the graphics in the demo are great to!
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the internet, we know this is not true." -- Professor Robert Silensky
Thanks for your reply.
I would consider to support primitives in the future.
My API support DirectX directly, but it provide interface for OpenGL applications too.
Quote:Original post by MrRowl
Wow :)

Apart from it being really impressive - I just have two comments. One is the rather obvious one that supporting primitives would both speed up many situations, and also provide better rolling behaviour for rounded objects (sphere, torus etc). The other is that your API appears to use D3DXMATRIX directly - that would prevent it being used in many applications.

Wow...very impressive. I can't really fault you on anything...it looks great, and ran great.

Maybe show a more complex demo of the vehicles/ragdolls. Personally I would have added a controllable vehicle scene (with jumps, etc.) and a skinned ragdoll (the ragdoll hierarchy attached to an actual character mesh). Have you implemented those two things using your library?

Also have you tested the scenes with a complex (50k-75k triangles) static world mesh?

But damn...looks very stable/solid...keep up the good work!

- Dan

P.S. What types of licensing are you planning on doing for commercial games?
Thanks for your suggestions.

In the "Joint" scene, you can see there is a basic car, but I think some special work need to be added for use in the game. There is also a ragdoll on the stair, SPE controls the bone matrix in the mesh, it's easy to implemente a skinned mesh. Joint resolver is separated from collision resolve system, so maybe some problems exist at present, I'll go on to debug with it.

I haven't tested complex mesh with that many triangles, but I know it could take a long time to initialize this shape, so a Save and Load function would be added to SPEShape class. After initialized, I think it can work fine.

SPE is commercial software, it would not be free for commercial use, other details are under consideration.

Quote:Original post by dgreen02
Wow...very impressive. I can't really fault you on anything...it looks great, and ran great.

Maybe show a more complex demo of the vehicles/ragdolls. Personally I would have added a controllable vehicle scene (with jumps, etc.) and a skinned ragdoll (the ragdoll hierarchy attached to an actual character mesh). Have you implemented those two things using your library?

Also have you tested the scenes with a complex (50k-75k triangles) static world mesh?

But damn...looks very stable/solid...keep up the good work!

- Dan

P.S. What types of licensing are you planning on doing for commercial games?
3.46 FPS is the highest that I got. Then again, I have a really old PC with 32 MB video memory and 256 MB RAM >_<
--------------------------------------Amaze your friends! Astound your family! Kennify your text!
very nice :)
As for the car, some simple spring and dampers would give it more grip (would for the tire onto the ground a bit).

Everything is better with Metal.

This is why I prefer GL

It says d3dx9_29.dll is not found
Sig: http://glhlib.sourceforge.net
an open source GLU replacement library. Much more modern than GLU.
float matrix[16], inverse_matrix[16];
glhLoadIdentityf2(matrix);
glhTranslatef2(matrix, 0.0, 0.0, 5.0);
glhRotateAboutXf2(matrix, angleInRadians);
glhScalef2(matrix, 1.0, 1.0, -1.0);
glhQuickInvertMatrixf2(matrix, inverse_matrix);
glUniformMatrix4fv(uniformLocation1, 1, FALSE, matrix);
glUniformMatrix4fv(uniformLocation2, 1, FALSE, inverse_matrix);
Quote:Original post by V-man
It says d3dx9_29.dll is not found

The dll download is on phyar's page.

This topic is closed to new replies.