Visual Studio 2005 messed up?

Started by
1 comment, last by Hoover85 17 years, 6 months ago
Well, I was developing a game with MDX 2.0 and then the "timebomb" went off which made it impossible to continue my work without winding the Windows clock backwards. So it winded it back and now my game project in Visual Studio 2005 professional acts really weird. For example, I can't add new codelines to project or the lines won't be executed. I can see the newly added lines but when I try debugging those lines, the debugger just jumps right over them! This is really getting frustrating, since the MDX 2.0 worked like a charm for me before the "timebomb" hit october 5th. :/
Advertisement
That new code isn't being executed is probably an aftereffect of the modification times (of your source files) being "before" their related temporary files modification dates (of their compiled data - thus causing them not to be recompiled at all). The standard advice, as whenever Visual Studio starts being wonky, is to do a clean/full rebuild - which should most definately fix this problem as well by avoid this check affecting the output in the first place.

Also, it's worth nothing your alternatives: backporting to MDX 1.1 or using XNA instead.

EDIT: Clarified behind-the-scenes mechanics a little.

[Edited by - MaulingMonkey on October 9, 2006 4:52:42 AM]
Thanks! I did what you said and now it works. Also ported whole project back to MDX 1.1, which was surprisingly easy. :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement