• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Koshmaar

SDL_Config 0.5

This topic is 4303 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

SDL_Config is a library designed for reading and writing configuration files in an easy, cross-platform way. Visit its homepage: Download it from SourceForge.
Change log:

Major:

- multiple value entries are supported!
 - added CFG_USE_MULTIMAP define which makes SDL_Config use std::multimap instead of std::map to store groups,
   so now you can have groups with the same name
 - lib can be compiled as DLL (uses DECLSPEC predefined by SDL) - by default it builds DLL,
    however you can still easily build static library
 - itoa got removed in favour of sprintf, so now SDL_Config is almost -ansi compatible
   (but VS 2005 throws warnings about using deprecated function).
 - well, almost -ansi compatible (except long long, which is referenced in sys/types.h included by SDL)
 - confirmed that it works with SDL 1.2.11 and that it can be compiled by Visual Studio 2005 (+project files attached)
 - due to SDL_config.h file which has been added to SDL in 1.2.10, and which conflicted with my own SDL_config.h,
   I had to rename my to SDL_config_lib.h
 - changed versioning scheme from single float value to three ints accessed through SDL_version - the same as in SDL/SDL_TTF etc.

Minor:

- third option for bool users - SDL_bool, also introduced new way of setting bool version
 - back to begin_code.h / end_code.h include, removed unneeded macro CFG_BUILD_STATIC_LIB
 - fixed little bug when iterating over groups which appeared on VS8
 - improved some tests (+created new one: 007), as well as library code modularization
 - all external functions use SDLCALL (defaults to __cdecl on most platforms) which is a macro predefined by SDL
 - managed to run test 006, which is a SDL_Config test written in C, in VS 2005 Pro :-)
 - SDL.h is not included in SDL_config_lib.h, it includes only headers that are necessary
 - fixed bug in CFG_OpenFile: file stream wasn't closed
 - fixed bug in CFG_SaveFile: now passing 0 as filename will properly save everything to the same file
 - documentation was polished a bit, also now it's built using newer version of Natural Docs
Any comments?

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!