Puzzles, Riddles, and small tasks...

Started by
3 comments, last by Lilac 17 years, 6 months ago
So I'm writting a horror tale about a woman whose husband (A famous writter) is killed in a bizarre manor. After the funeral, the protagonist (the newly widowed woman) gets out of the house and and attends lunch with a friend. While she's out, the town goes crazy, a cult appears and starts killing people, and is completely sealed away. The layout to the horror scheme is that all the stories the husband has written spawn some kind of killer or scenario. Its no surprise at the end when the husband is resurrected as a demon. 1) Can someone assist me in building a list of stories that are widely known? I wanted to use a lot of the Disney style cartoons (Hunchback of notre dahm, a freak, a twisted priest, and a gypsy... for example). However, I have no idea which of these stories are Disney original and which where tales before Disney got to them. Can someone add me on this? 2) Any horror style puzzles or riddles which could be incorperated in such a game?
Advertisement
The Hunchback of Notre Dame is by Victor Hugo. It's a big ol' book. Nearly All of the popular Disney animated films are based on old literature (You are looking to Disney Films for inspiration for Horror stories? Reading that surprised me).

Is this set in a modern or historical setting? What is bizarre about the manor house? I suspect some are having trouble getting the feel of what you are going for here.
Thanks for the info on the Notre Dahm tale... I made the writter (the dead husband) intentionally take tales and warp them in his stories, which is the whole premiss to his career. Its average setting. I named the town "Red Fern Creek", not sure where I'm gonna place, if I even do. It's an average town, I guess is the only description. I want to add some normal scenarios -School, Cathedral, Hospital, ect...- And in each scenario throw in a different tale -Pages from his books are located around the scenario, so you can see where the story is heading without having to tell the ENTIRE story that he wrote- Reason I chose popular disney stories is because they're so well known, people would see the similarity which itself would draw attention, since they already know the story, but they dont know MINE-

Not knowing which Disney came up with and which it didnt, on top of having to write the story for this game, I have to write horror versions of those tales.

Stories in particular I'm looking at are Beauty and the Beast, HunchBack of Notre Dahm, Snow White and the seven dwarves -lol, I've drawn some weird concept images for these, too-

There is no "manor house". Its more like a Silent Hill style gameplay, you move around the entire city. Things wrong is a being which cant be killed which stalks you, a cult which appears at night, releasing its own carnage, and strang creatures which can either manipulate people or an object they touch -mannequins, statues, corpses- and of course, the bizzarre creatures from the story that emit.
Oh, I get it. At first I thought you were looking for horror story references.

A lot of the popular fairytales are by Hans Christian Anderson or collected by the "brothers Grimm". You'll see some familiar titles among these. Aesop's fables are also well known.
AWESOME! That is dead on what I was looking for, thank you. -gets to writting-

BTW, any random ideas for puzzles that could be used in a game. Anything clever, wither you need weight, to find emblems. Looking for the right kind of puzzles. Or Riddles that you could distort for a horror game.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement