• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
DirectXGuru

FPS problem in VS 2005

This topic is 4329 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, All My Project which is quite big and contains lot of classes has been developed in VS.NET 2003 and DirectX 9.0.Now for some reasons I convert this project into VS.NET 2005 but FPS goes down after converting the project. Is there such things exist that FPS will decrease when converting a project from VS.NET 2003 to VS.NET 2005.Let me know.It is really urgent.plz help me.I want the same FPS in both VS versions. thanks and regards.

Advertisement
If I would have to guess, I'd say VS2005 is resetting your compiler options to default when it upgrades your project files. Make sure you're targeting the Retail build and go through all the options to see what's new, and that you slant towards performance. Also, are you measuring FPS from running your program or when you click "Run" in the IDE? Even if you leave out all the debugging, VS2005 always prepares itself for debugging when you run it from inside. Plus the environment takes more memory than 2003 so maybe something is going on in your program with caching?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!