• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
neilski_2003

Looking for a 'Mentor'

This topic is 4328 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, well if you've got this far i guess the title didn't put you off. And its actually probabaly not as bad as it seems anyway. Its not exactly mentorship i am after but more accurately a single source. Obviously different coders have their own style and sometimes this is problematic when trying to solve problems because you get 4 or 5 possible ways to do things and you don't really take any of them in. So i was wondering if anyone would be up for helping me with any problems i may have trying to complete the exercises in accelerated c++. The only reason i ask is so that i come out of the book with a consitent style rather than one that is a mish mash of everyones ideas and therefore not something i can easily reference again. Obviously the normal rules of engagement apply - i won't just ask you to solve the exercises but will try them myself first and only if they don;t work will try and get some help. Cheers in adavance for any help offered. Neil.

Advertisement
Well, I'll help ya out. Just give me a shout on AIM at scoobydoo082002, and I'll help ya out sometime. If you don't have AIM, then you can E-mail me at solargravityteam@yahoo.com, although IM would be faster.

Chad

You could always just post your questions on the forum, you know. If you want real mentorship, nothing is really going to substitute for someone you can contact face-to-face.

That said, though, I do answer PMs with programming questions.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!