• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Alpha_ProgDes

Unity Anybody still interested in a SICP/Scheme study group?

This topic is 4389 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This topic, which is now retired, is interesting I was still wondering if those people and others were interested in doing a study group of sorts in the near future. edit: UPDATE well actually it's not much of an update but anyone who is interested in mentoring and (as in &&) have some ideas about the way the study group/workshop please post. if you're interested in learning in joining the study group, please post and say so [smile] [Edited by - Alpha_ProgDes on October 19, 2006 1:53:33 PM]

Advertisement
I'd love learning Lisp.
How would a study group work? Is there a single resource we can all learn from?

I'm not quite sure. I saw this thread (check link in OP) and wondered if those people or anyone else would still be interested in such a thing.

sidenote: it seems like we're having learning about X workshop threads (which turn in forums) every couple of months. how interesting :)

I certainly would. I tried Scheme and SICP over the summer, but was never able to get very far. I guess something just didn't 'click', becaus I could never do anything more complicated than calculating fibonacci numbers. I'm thinking that a study group would help me.

I certainly would be interested. I've read a chunk from the book, actually, and I do know enough Scheme. But I got distracted by a couple of busy weeks at work.

Perhaps a forum/newsgroup (e.g. google group) would work best?

I've done nearly every problem in the book. Up until a few days ago (I have recently begun a sabbatical from IRC) I hung around in #scheme on freenode, providing free help and guidance to people struggling with problems. It's a great community, I recommend stopping by sometime if you are confused or would like further insight re: Scheme/SICP. Just make sure that you don't ask a question without making some effort to figure things out, and be polite.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!