Anybody still interested in a SICP/Scheme study group?

Started by
37 comments, last by okonomiyaki 17 years, 5 months ago
This topic, which is now retired, is interesting I was still wondering if those people and others were interested in doing a study group of sorts in the near future. edit: UPDATE well actually it's not much of an update but anyone who is interested in mentoring and (as in &&) have some ideas about the way the study group/workshop please post. if you're interested in learning in joining the study group, please post and say so [smile] [Edited by - Alpha_ProgDes on October 19, 2006 1:53:33 PM]

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Advertisement
I'd love learning Lisp.
How would a study group work? Is there a single resource we can all learn from?
Yoni Levy.
I'm not quite sure. I saw this thread (check link in OP) and wondered if those people or anyone else would still be interested in such a thing.

sidenote: it seems like we're having learning about X workshop threads (which turn in forums) every couple of months. how interesting :)

I'm interested in studying from SICP, a forum or wiki would be great.
I asked about the possibility of this a while ago, I'd help out.
I certainly would. I tried Scheme and SICP over the summer, but was never able to get very far. I guess something just didn't 'click', becaus I could never do anything more complicated than calculating fibonacci numbers. I'm thinking that a study group would help me.
I certainly would be interested. I've read a chunk from the book, actually, and I do know enough Scheme. But I got distracted by a couple of busy weeks at work.

Perhaps a forum/newsgroup (e.g. google group) would work best?

Sounds good! I'm surprised the mysterious AP hasn't chimed in. So wiki or google group?

I've done nearly every problem in the book. Up until a few days ago (I have recently begun a sabbatical from IRC) I hung around in #scheme on freenode, providing free help and guidance to people struggling with problems. It's a great community, I recommend stopping by sometime if you are confused or would like further insight re: Scheme/SICP. Just make sure that you don't ask a question without making some effort to figure things out, and be polite.
Any more plans, now?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement