• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
georgwaechter

Installation builder for linux?

This topic is 4364 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello guys, I'm currently searching the internet for an installation builder like Innosetup for Linux. Or e.g. Install wise, but I can't find software like that. Does somebody know such software? greetings from germany georg edit: I need such a software to distribute a Mono application.

Advertisement
There is: http://www.bitrock.com/ - which is not free for commerical use, but is for open source projects.

Also, there are the standard RPM, Deb packages, etc etc.

GNU make and Distro packaging is definately a current best practice. If your mono application uses the standard GNU make setup (configure, make, make install) then packaging for the various distributions isn't that hard once you wrap your mind around it. You can also do just the GNU make and leave packaging to the distro maintainers. I'm not sure how other distro's handle it, but for Debian you can post an RFP (Request For Packaging) in the debian bugtracker and post to the debina-mentors mailing list (from which it will automatically flow to Ubuntu's next version). I'm sure Suse, Red Hat et. al. have a similar process in place.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Google: "InstallBase"
(cross-platform)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!