• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

PointList and HLSL

This topic is 4150 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello Everyone, I have been trying to move my particle engine from ffp to hlsl and not having any luck trying to figure out how to calculate the textures uv's correctly. I have a CustomVertex.PositionColoredTextured vb setup and as of right now I do have the primitives rendering by there color and I do have the shaders PSIZE set for how large to render them. this is all working fine. But the problem of course comes when I try to drop a texture onto them. without having the correct uv's I really dont seem to get anything on their faces. if anyone has anything that may help me out here I would appreciate it. thanks in advanced for any help.

Advertisement
When using PointSprites, the GPU will automagically generate the UVs for you, placing 0,0 at the top left, and 1,1 at the bottom right. All you need to do is add a TEXCOORDn semantic to your PS input struct, and it should be filled for you.

Are you attempting to do this and not seeing anything?

Thanks Sirob for making me question myself here I was just failing to also call all my Devices Renderstates when rendering with my shader as I do with FFP.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement