• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Any free lobby software?

This topic is 4129 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've created a multiplayer game, but it's hard to get people coordinated without lobby software. I could make my own, but clearly it'd be faster to use someone else's. Do any free and general multiplayer lobbies exist?

Advertisement
Actually it would probably take you far less time to make your own than spending time getting somebody elses software to work with yours.

I'm not really sure, but I think OpenTNL (www.opentnl.org/) includes functions to implement lobbys.

At least in their sample game is a lobby, so you could take a look how they did it.

It's not that hard to do a simple chat server. I'd suggest you just make it yourself. There's not much to it.

Thanks for the input ~

Yeah, I'm looking for a bit more than a chat server. I've teamed up with someone with whom I've worked before, and he's already got a working lobby with a lot of nice features. It will actually allow us to share our communities, which I hope can benefit us both.

I searched for a pretty long time, and I think this is an area with very few working solutions. Bob Janova, your system looks good, but I was hoping to keep using C++ for easy use on linux systems. I know that C# can be used in linux, but I don't know enough about it and don't want to learn about it right now, so I was turned off pretty quickly. Thanks a lot for the link though.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement