• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mpipe

[.net] using a picturebox to display clipped images

This topic is 4325 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Essentially I'm making a sprite editing program, where I can take a long sprite strip and input animation information to be used in my games. I'm having a really difficult time doing the simple clipping of images. I want to be able to load an image and then have it display the frames in a box. For now, I'm just going with 64x64 for the size of each frame. What a simple way I can crop an image object (or whatever) and display just part of it in the picture box?

Advertisement
There isn't a completely simple way to do this. You'll probably want to use GDI+ to accomplish this. Basically you have to create a graphics object from the picturebox's image property, then use that graphics object to draw your sprite specifying a source rectangle to only draw the portion of the sprite you want.

I would start here: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/e06tc8a5.aspx

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!