• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

VC++ Debugging

This topic is 4148 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, i'm debugging a program and in the middle of the program i get a messege that i wrote too much (overwrote) into a std vector. it told me that the error occured on line 757 of the vector.h file. is there any way to know were it happened in the program - ie: what vector was overwritten? Thanks.

Advertisement
Thanks, but how to i get the call stack window? I went to Debug->Windows on the menu and didn't see anything. i also couldn't find it in Tools->Import and Export Settings.
Thanks.

In VC2005 It's at Debug->Windows->Call Stack. The menu is basically split into 4 sections, Call Stack is at the top of the third section. You can also do Ctrl-Alt-C.

Once you see the stack you can double click any function to jump to it and look at locals, etc.

The "Call Stack" item only appears on the Debug -> Windows menu when you're in a debugging session (i.e. Debug -> Start Debugging) and the call stack window only contains anything when your program is stopped in the debugger as the result of an unhandled exception, hitting a breakpoint, or being stopped through code such as happens when you choose to 'debug' when you get an assert.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement