• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

3dsmax 9 trial download? Is there an SDK?

This topic is 4234 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Autodesk has just made their trial dload of 3dsmax 9 available on their website. It says nothing of the maxsdk available. Has anyone heard of a way to get their sdk with the trial, or of a place to download it on their website? The only way I am going to buy this is if they have fixed the problems with their last sdk/3DXI release. Thanks much! --Brad

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
3ds Max 9 - 30 day trial, Documentation, ecc
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=5659302

3d max trials do not include the sdk.
Whats wrong with the 3DXI interface?
I use this in my own exporters and it works fine, although occasionally it doesnt work for some advanced stuff such as skinning, in which case you can easily tap in to the standard max sdk

The normals dont work at all on advanced models. I am currently using max 8, but the 3DXI interface doesnt work on release 2.2. I cant revert back to max 6 because the IGame(now 3DXI) had bugs when exporting bones. So I need to basically buy 9 for the 3DXI 3.0(i think the number will be). But hell if im going to buy it if it has the same normals problems that 8(3DXI 2.0 - 2.2) had.

goto http://sparks.discreet.com and check out all the bitching.... plus alot of mine.

Thanks,
Brad

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!