• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

SDL and cout/printf

This topic is 4143 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi All, Ok I have tried searching for similar posts (not that I have not to) but many had some variance to what I wanted/didnt solve the problem. So I decided to start a new thread of this ( Iam new to this btw). So I am using SDL on VC6 and I want to use cout/printf statements to debug my code and wee what to part my code is executing... My code is supposed to be starting a server (SDL_net) and listening infintely for a loop... How can I display the printf/cout statements. I tried including stdio.h , iostream.h, printf but no luck. Iam not anble to see the putput.. Any suggestions (other than recompiling SDL)? ;) Thank u very much

Advertisement
All output gets redirected to a textfile when you use SDL under Windows. Check for a file called stdout in the same directory as your application.

Edit: Also, this is in the SDL FAQ: clicky!

Thank u very much.... I dont think it really halped me as it required some recompilation. I was able to get aroudn this problem by creating a new window consol manually and foce the output to go to it

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement