3D Studio Max or Maya?

Started by
11 comments, last by Moolkye 17 years, 6 months ago
Remember you can probably try them before the purchase, so you'll be able to see which one fits you the best.

Regards,
Advertisement
You can try out Maya PLE for free, which should give you an idea about it. Xsi is currently the cheapest 3D package available at about $500 for the basic version, and it's one of the easiest to integrate into a tools pipeline. I'm much more of a maya fan because it has a much better API than max (or xsi), however the learning curve is much steeper....

And yeah, Autodesk have messed up the interface to maya 8 by failing to understand that we used to buy Maya because it was NOT Max :(

Funny how people when they mention 3D Apps, they go straight for the apps that cost the most.
Blender, yes is free, yes it is complicated, but it is a great app.

Now I know I will get flamed for this, but I happen to like an app called trueSpace by Caligari.

The app, for the money, in my opinion, is the easiest one to learn by far. A beginner will have no problem learning how to use the software and interface, and it actually does a great job in exporting models, scripting, plugins, and rendering.

I think it's the best bang for your buck.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement