• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Mod steamland

This topic is 4212 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I find that the game "steamland" from Buka was underrated. I do enjoy it very much and I wanted to make an map editor, save game facilities and much more to improve it. But I can not understand the graphic file format they are using. It is a .vid file but only for graphics? Does anybody know something about this format? I do not think it is video! The demo is everywhere on the net. It is interesting because one can find some AI in C format in the scripting files. Can somebody help me? Greetings, RenRan

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
.vid is proprietary format, based on flc (FLIC). It is compiled with some directx info.

there was very poor editor, but it is not aviable

maybe you can find editor for "alien shooter" game and it may fit to steamland.

I wrote .lgc files. I wish i wrote comments in english...

Guest Anonymous Poster
*.vid is graphic format to store graphics with z-index and/or with alpha-channel.

Maybe you can use *.bmp or *.jpg files with 001, 002 sufix in filename like aa001.bmp, aa002.bmp. But it is very complex way. Also you must provide bmp with z-index of unit, you have to describe unit in .res file (Maybe Some Res Editor helps you).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!