• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
cvahoo

Transparency problem under c#

This topic is 4378 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! I have a problem with meshes transparency in DirectX (c#). Alpha blending is set, but the meshes are not transparent to each other. I'm not sure if you understand what I mean so maybe the picture will show more. As you can see, the box is visible "in" the sphere but the part of the sphere is not drawn in the box. This is the graphic solution of problem discussed here - http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=416885 I will be grateful for any ideas to solve this problem or show it in another graphic way.

Advertisement
You need to disable Z-writes when drawing transparent objects, render last, and from back to front.
In your case, it looks like you've still got Z-writes on.

Hope this helps.

I've already turned off z-buffer and everything is transparent but it doesn't look like I wished.
It's hard to say which figure is inside and which one is outside as well as it is difficult to see their position - if the figure is in front or behind another.
Could you give me a piece of advise how to make the view more realistic ?
Is it a matter of light, materials or alpha blending method ?
Right now I'm using 3 directional lights.
On the picture (http://olendernet.pl/~cvahoo/dx/d1.JPG) there are two different views of the same figures but on the second view it's impossible to say what is the length of the box as well as that it protrudes out of the sphere.

I want to show the shared parts of the spheres inside the box.
Thx for any advices, samples, tutorials etc :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!