Earth Under Fire

Started by
4 comments, last by GameDev.net 17 years, 6 months ago
Earth Under Fire is simple space shooter game I wrote some time ago for PGD Big Boss Competition (it ended up on 3rd place). You can get new upgraded version here. I would appreciate any comments or bug reports (if the game seems too tough you can set difficulty to Easy in Setings.exe program).
Advertisement
It's very pretty. The space scenery is absolutely breath-taking. Very good job.

Gameplay-wise, it just boils down to a vertical scroller, but there's enough variety and background story to keep it interesting. On the topic of the story, watch spelling errors as they can make a professional looking game look rather silly. I noticed "throught" and "filed" (when it should have been "field" on the first instruction screen.

It's a good download and worth playing. If I get a chance, I'll play through more levels.
Quote:
It's very pretty. The space scenery is absolutely breath-taking. Very good job.

Thanks Onewing.

Quote:
On the topic of the story, watch spelling errors as they can make a professional looking game look rather silly. I noticed "throught" and "filed" (when it should have been "field" on the first instruction screen.

I will test all ingame texts with some spell checker, that should help.

Well, I played it all the way through. Pretty fun shooter. :)

I wish there was a little more "smart" to the AI if you know what I mean. ;)
Yes, I know what you mean. AI is already in my TODO list.
I played it too, nice game! If you can make the ships move natural it will be quite great [smile]!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement