• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
gbiaki

OpenGL gcc and openGL

This topic is 4412 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi Folks, I have cygwin installed on my PC (WinXP) including gcc. gcc works find and I have built apps with it. Today I downloaded the openGL library package which includes some exmaple programs which I would like to try before I get going. However, when I run make from the examples folder it appears to fail to link: $ make cd Cygwin; make all make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/share/doc/opengl-1.1.0/GLUIexamples/Cygwin' g++ -O2 example1.o -lglui -lglut32 -lglu32 -lopengl32 -o example1 Warning: resolving _glutReshapeFunc by linking to _glutReshapeFunc@4 Use --enable-stdcall-fixup to disable these warnings Use --disable-stdcall-fixup to disable these fixups Warning: resolving _glutCreateWindow by linking to _glutCreateWindow@4 Warning: resolving _glutInitWindowSize by linking to _glutInitWindowSize@8 Warning: resolving _glutInitWindowPosition by linking to _glutInitWindowPosition @8 Warning: resolving _glutInitDisplayMode by linking to _glutInitDisplayMode@4 Warning: resolving _glutSwapBuffers by linking to _glutSwapBuffers@0 Warning: resolving _glutPostRedisplay by linking to _glutPostRedisplay@0 Warning: resolving _glutSetWindow by linking to _glutSetWindow@4 Warning: resolving _glutGetWindow by linking to _glutGetWindow@0 Warning: resolving _glutDisplayFunc by linking to _glutDisplayFunc@4 example1.o:example1.cpp:(.text+0x1d9): undefined reference to `_glutWireTorus' example1.o:example1.cpp:(.text+0x213): undefined reference to `_glutSolidTorus' example1.o:example1.cpp:(.text+0x443): undefined reference to `_glutMainLoop' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make[1]: *** [example1] Error 1 make: *** [all] Error 2 I assume that cygwin setup put everything in the right place, so I dont know what is wrong. Clues anyone? Cheers Ian PS make

Advertisement
Do yourself a favor and delete cygwin from your hard disk. Instead install MinGW. It is native port of GCC to Windows OS. And it doesn't requires any framework installed (cygwin).

P.S. Why my previous post was deleted?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!