VB6 to VB.net

Started by
0 comments, last by benryves 17 years, 6 months ago
hello i am having problems wit multiple instances of these Dim v As R3D_Declares.R3DVector2D v = R3D_Interface5D.Complex_GetSize() Error: Error 21 Argument not specified for parameter 'p' of 'Public Shared Sub Complex_GetSize(ByRef p As R3D_Declares.R3DVector2D)'. i've tried correcting it but im pretty new to vb and .net so can anyone shed light? also this locInterface5D.Complex_SetPosition(locHelper.R3DVector2D(.mx, .my_Renamed)) Error: Error 22 'R3DVector2D' is a type in 'Zoids__REV3D_.Revolution3D091.R3D_Helper' and cannot be used as an expression. thanks for anyones help
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Dead_Zone
hello i am having problems wit multiple instances of these

Dim v As R3D_Declares.R3DVector2D
v = R3D_Interface5D.Complex_GetSize()

Error: Error 21 Argument not specified for parameter 'p' of 'Public Shared Sub Complex_GetSize(ByRef p As R3D_Declares.R3DVector2D)'.
It looks like the Complex_GetSize() method doesn't return anything, but it modifies the thing you pass to it. Look up the ByRef keyword in the help files. [smile]

' I thinkv = R3D_Interface5D.Complex_GetSize()'... should be:R3D_Interface5D.Complex_GetSize(ByRef v)

Quote:also this
locInterface5D.Complex_SetPosition(locHelper.R3DVector2D(.mx, .my_Renamed))

Error: Error 22 'R3DVector2D' is a type in 'Zoids__REV3D_.Revolution3D091.R3D_Helper' and cannot be used as an expression.

I can't really tell without more information, but I'm guessing locHelper.R3DVector2D is a type with a constructor. You could try putting in the New keyword, like this...

locInterface5D.Complex_SetPosition(New locHelper.R3DVector2D(.mx, .my_Renamed))

Not sure if that's of any use, but could be worth a shot.

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement