Weired Snow Color Problem

Started by
4 comments, last by AIRmichael 17 years, 6 months ago
I am currently doing one course project, and planning to draw a falling snow scene in Opengl. I applied a background image using texture mapping, which the main color of the image is grey. When i try to draw the white snow in front of it, the falling snows are becoming grey color also. If i change the background image to some red image, the snow flakes become red. May i know why it happens? How should i resolve it? I disabled the blending in my initialization proces..
Advertisement
Disable texture mapping before you draw the snow. Somthing like this:
drawBackground( );glDisable( GL_TEXTURE_2D );drawSnow( );

The problem is that if you have texture mapping on, it will blend the texture with the current drawing color.

The really weird thing is that I had the exact same problem with a course last semester! My snow was grey too. Too weird!
disable the texture b4 drawing the snow or bind another texture if u have snow texture
Hi nimgnay,
Try to set the colour of snow flakes to white before drawing them.
Simian & ff8, you are the guru! Thanks to Songho too! The opengl world becomes beautiful with your guys around!
Quote:Original post by Simian Man
The really weird thing is that I had the exact same problem with a course last semester! My snow was grey too. Too weird!

Maybe he follows the same course;)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement