Sign in to follow this  

Shader Effects Help

This topic is 4074 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Anyone know where I can find some tutorials that explains the algrothyms they use in detail for shader effects? I know the syntax of HLSL and some basic things like screen effects, etc... I just don't know the math behind some effects. Things I'm paticulary interested in a ripple shaders for like water etc... Fire effects, any particle effects. I need a lot of practice since DX10 is going shaders only.

Hi!
You should get a book. The information is orgnised and often better explained than most article on the internet. I highly recommended this book: "Introduction to 3D game programming with DirectX 9.0c: A Shader approach" by Frank D. Luna. I'm working through it. Even tho my programming and math skill isn't strong but i found the book very easy to understand. Take a look at the table content here:
http://www.moon-labs.com/ml_book2.htm

Hope it help :)

Quote:
Original post by Tutukun
Hi!
You should get a book. The information is orgnised and often better explained than most article on the internet. I highly recommended this book: "Introduction to 3D game programming with DirectX 9.0c: A Shader approach" by Frank D. Luna. I'm working through it. Even tho my programming and math skill isn't strong but i found the book very easy to understand. Take a look at the table content here:
http://www.moon-labs.com/ml_book2.htm

Hope it help :)

Sadly that book is for C++, I don't know that language. I use C#.

This topic is 4074 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.