Class collection!

Started by
11 comments, last by sirGustav 17 years, 5 months ago
I've decided (on a whim) to compile a list of as many classes as possible and stick it on the website somewhere so that anyone can use it. Please help by posting a class name and a short description of that class, and maybe what weapons the class could use. Credit will be given where credit is due. And PLEASE put the class design in this format, otherwise I'm not gonna bother with it. I want it to be neat. NAME: DESCRIPTION: WEAPON(optional): Thanks in advance!
----------The universe is, in reality, an incredibly long and complex setup for a joke that is so infinitely stupid that humans cannot percieve it....That's what makes it funny.*On April 1st, will change name of every topic created by me to "WHOAH! BEST GAME IDEA EVER! READ ME MORON!!"...Or not.
Advertisement
Im just going to post this, and suggest that you take a gander at it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_character_classes
I know about that.

What I was hoping for was some new, original and unusual classes that nobody has thought of before.
----------The universe is, in reality, an incredibly long and complex setup for a joke that is so infinitely stupid that humans cannot percieve it....That's what makes it funny.*On April 1st, will change name of every topic created by me to "WHOAH! BEST GAME IDEA EVER! READ ME MORON!!"...Or not.
It would be pretty difficult to come up with a couple of them, honestly. Im not saying that it couldn't be done, but it would be hard.

What type of game are you hoping to incorporate these novel classes into?
Read:

"I've decided (on a whim) to compile a list of as many classes as possible and stick it on the website somewhere so that anyone can use it"

In other words, I'm simply making a list.
NAME: Beekeeper
DESCRIPTION: Makes lots of honey and commands lots of bees.
WEAPON: Unleashes a swarm of bees upon his foes. Uses to ward off bears and those with a sweet tooth.

NAME: Mime
DESCRIPTION: Travels the countryside in an imaginary box.
WEAPON: Traps his foes inside imaginary boxes. Works especially well against foes with good imaginations.

This the kind of thing you're after?
Yes! Perfect! Keep 'em coming!
I get your point, but some classes simply won't work in certain game types. For instance, my current game design has elemental mages being affected by the environment. The type of game really does matter for a lot of unique class types. Anyhow, enough of my whining, here's a couple class suggestions for you:

NAME: Juicer
DESCRIPTION: Takes various power "juices" to augment their abilities. The downfall is that the juices act as poisons, causing continuous damage through use. Think Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
WEAPON(S): Any

NAME: Sacred Warrior
DESCRIPTION: A traditional fighter who battles with a holy weapon. Randomly, the weapon will strike with a variety of powerful, devastating attacks, but they are at the whim of the gods, and thus unpredictable.
WEAPON(S): Any
Thought of this one back in the early 90s. My DM let me take a crack at playing a character like this but he died a little too quickly.

Name: Hippie Mage
Description: Magic user with a strong belief in peace and love. Stoned most of the time, the hippie mage isn't always sure whether the spell he cast wasn't just part of some wild hallucination.
Weapons: None. (make love not war)
NAME: Hypejockey
DESCRIPTION: Posts on game design forums his "awesome idea" and asks for other people to make it happen.
WEAPON: Web forums, newsgroups, and e-mail.

-----------------"Building a game is the fine art of crafting an elegant, sophisticated machine and then carefully calculating exactly how to throw explosive, tar-covered wrenches into the machine to botch-up the works."http://www.ishpeck.net/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement