Sign in to follow this  
csdoomy

Ready API to put network in my application ?

Hello, I am doing my graduation project, its a virtual class(room) using DirectX 9, So its a must to put a network for the application to make the student and the Instructor interact with each other ( Imagine that it is like sims but multiplayer ). I was wondering if there is a way to embed network for the application without making the network APIs from Scratch because its not the objective of the project to do one. I have 8 monthes to do this application where i'll start learning DirectX in it, So there is no time to make network programming for this application, its like making a multiplayer game so whats the first steps i should do to do such application? And is it possible to learn DirectX & implement the application & Make all the network programming in 8 monthes ? Please reply my its so important, My first proposal after 2 weeks & i must put a plan for the project Thnx

I cnt really say if its possible, you have to answer that for yourself, but maybe i can give you some new thoughts. It may be possible if you are a really hard worker, though and not new to programming projects.
But just learning DirectX isn't everything, its just a graphics/sound/controls/network API.
You should of course know how to programm (i think DX9 is C++ or C#) and you should know your way in and out with vectors and matrices. Then there's the physics part of such an simulation.
It depends much on your current skills.

Last week here on GDnet a spanish developer group announced open beta for ther mmorpg Project an it took them 4 Years to come that far. And it's not finished of course, i mean it's still the beta phase.
But on the other hand a virtual classroom is a simpler project.

I know C++ C# Java And all network Concepts and i know vectors and matrix operations so well its all matter of learning directX and implementing the network operations, So what do u think