Sign in to follow this  
keikei_c

HELP HELP HELP cannot run .exe

hi! i've been doing this openGL project..and its been running well whenever i execute it through MVC++..however, when I run the .exe file from the debug folder, it wont run and gives an error message that it has encountered an error and it needs to close..with all the send error report thing..please help.. i thought it was all working..well, if i run it again in C++ editor, it runs okay.

Perhaps you have an issue with the working folders ? the program expects to find some files from the same directory as the exe is located ? When running from the compiler the working dir is the project folder. So move your exe there and see if it works.

You could create a logging file to mark up such problems (ie. file not found etc). Screaming exe doesn't work doesn't tell us much. You have more possibilities of finding the problem.

Cheers !

When you run a project from within the IDE, then the IDE will take care of external dependancies (e.g. specified path for lib's). If you want to run the exe, you must make sure that all the depandant files are in the same folder as the exe.

Edit: Demus was faster :)

Yeah, make sure all of your external libraries, textures, sound files, etc are accessable from where you are running it.