Sign in to follow this  

Resetting a gfx card.

This topic is 4071 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Don't laugh.... I am still struggling on with an FX5200. Saving up for a whole computer rather than replacing it! I've noticed sometimes it seems to get confused and will produce bad output in directX. Scrambled textures, etc. Rebooting sorts it. Also, changing my rendering from shader 1_1 to 2_0 seems to correct it. Once confused, restarting the app (ie with a new DX9 device) doesnt sort it! Is there any way to tell a GFX vard to reset itself, like at reboot? I spose full screen mode might do it. Thanks for your advice. Si

I noticed that running the same program repeatedly can give you the exact same memory locations for all your DX resources (i.e. textures). It can produce some pretty weird effects if you don't clear your textures. So make sure there is nothing you assume is clear at the start.

What types of resources are scrambled? I'm assuming textures is your only problem, because its about the only thing visible. Are you loading those textures from a file or creating them at program start? I can't imagine your graphics card just scrambling textures because that is the same as if it scambled vertices in a vertex buffers. Both are just chunks of allocated memory on the graphics card.

Cheers.

Yes I suppose its just the textures, the objects look ok... i think.

They are loaded at run time from file, I thought this would be adequate to refresh things!

Si

A 5200 doing something dumb!? NEVER!! [grin] [grin]

The symptoms you listed definitely fall into driver-land, or even faulty-hardware-land (well, more faulty then when you bought it :P). Does this ever happend with other 3D applications (or just your own)?

I would suggest trying new drivers, but I have a feeling you already did that.

This topic is 4071 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.