• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
TheUnbeliever

Does Managed DirectX keep track of memory?

This topic is 4437 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Quote:
Original post by Serapth
Is this the version of your code that is causing the D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY error?

If so, i've been running it about 25 minutes now without incident. System memory is staying pretty much steady and I havent received any errors.

If this is the version causing you problems, it may not be a code related problem. Quick glance over your code and I dont see any major problems, but ive mostly been waiting for my computer to error out.

Thanks for the time taken. :)

Hmm, I've got another couple computers here, I'll try shoving it on them and report back.

Advertisement
Well it appears to work without anything of note happening. However, I did make one change to that program before posting, that I had tested here, but hadn't rebooted for (so the error was still there before rebooting - and so perhaps not 'its fault'). I'll reboot this computer and give it a check, although I rather hope it'll work fine.

The only change was that I was creating (and calling Dispose() on) fontFrames in the PrintFrames() function - horrifically inefficient in any case. I think this might have caused the problem, although I still don't understand why the problem persists after the application has been closed.

EDIT: Yep, now works without fault on my computer. Thanks a whole lot for the help, Serapth! :D

No worries.

Isnt it fun encountering a bug or glitch when you are learning something new. Without fail you always assume you're doing something wrong. Can spend hours on stupid problems like that.

Might want to try downloading new drivers. Also, check your DX dll versions between the computers that work and those that dont.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!