[java] how do you set the cursor position?

Started by
9 comments, last by EGD Eric 17 years, 5 months ago
I'd like to be able to set the cursor position to be in the middle of the screen all the time, or maybe at 0, 0. Problem is, I can't find a function for setting the cursor position! (unlike SetCursorPos in Win32)
Advertisement
Try using mouseMove from the Robot class
the AWT Robot is a good way to have fun on your friend's computers.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Quote:Original post by capn_midnight
the AWT Robot is a good way to have fun on your friend's computers.

What do you mean by that?

Easy to figure.. you can do a lot of stuff with the mouse - even remotely, or coding a trojan :D
a.k.a javabeats at yahoo.ca
argh, its no good. robot.mouseMove actually generates a mouseMove event (go figure). I want my spaceship to turn with the mouse, but for the mouse's position to be reset to the center every time a mouseMove was detected. The very fact that mouseMove generates a mouseMove event means that all movement I try to do with the ship gets cancelled.
You may give JInput a try...
∫Mc
Quote:Original post by EGD Eric
argh, its no good. robot.mouseMove actually generates a mouseMove event (go figure). I want my spaceship to turn with the mouse, but for the mouse's position to be reset to the center every time a mouseMove was detected. The very fact that mouseMove generates a mouseMove event means that all movement I try to do with the ship gets cancelled.

Seems like you could programatically intercept that..

class MyMouseClass{   int previousMouseX = 0;   int previousMouseY = 0;   int myMouseMovementX = 0;   int myMouseMovementY = 0;   void mouseMoved(MouseEvent e)   {     int dist_x = e.getX() - previousMouseX;     int dist_y = e.getY() - previousMouseY;     previousMouseX = e.getX();     previousMouseY = e.getY();     // check to intercept mouse movement that we caused     if (dist_x == myMouseMovementX && dist_y == myMouseMovementY)     {       myMouseMovementX = 0;       myMouseMovementY = 0;       return;     }     // go handle the mouse movement     doWhateverWithMouseMovement(dist_x, dist_y);     // reset the mouse location     int distToCenterX = centerX - e.getX();     int distToCenterY = centerY - e.getY();     myMouseMovementX = distToCenterX;     myMouseMovementY = distToCenterY;     Robot.mouseMove(distToCenterX, distToCenterY);   } }
programatically eh? I tried that, and it didn't work. Using the quick & dirty naive way that I was trying to do it. (with a boolean). your idea Pinacolada, works. That JInput thing looks interesting though.
Could you not do something like.

class MyMouseClass{   boolean isReseting;   void resetMouse()   {      isReseting = true;      Robot.mouseMove(0,0);      isReseting = false;   }   void mouseMoved(MouseEvent e)   {        if(isReseting)            return;                // TO DO   } }

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement