Sign in to follow this  

NEED A NAME FOR MECHNET!!

This topic is 4074 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys, our game has been making progress in leaps and bounds lately and we need to come up with a real game name. We thought of keeping that to last, but our development name is going everywhere and "Mechnet" just isn't cutting it. Here is the link to our gamedev.net post to get a feel for the game: Clicky Here! BTW, please do not include the word Mech in the name (unless it's something very unique from Mechwarrior or Mech Assault, etc.) because mechs aren't the only war vehicles anymore; there are hover tanks, aerial vehicles, etc. Not only is there a big futuristic battle aspect to the game, there is also an rpg homefront aspect where you live and have a profession all while contributing to the economy. Please make any suggestions here. [Edited by - acidwillburnyou on October 20, 2006 5:22:16 PM]

(Haven't searched to see if any of these are already used)

• Steel Titans

• Network of Steel

• Silicis Contego (that's "Rock Shield" in Latin)

• Ferrum Silicis (that's "Iron Rock" in Latin)

Okay, that's about all I can think of. Come to think of it, "Iron Rock" probably would be better in English. :/ Dunno why, but I just have a sorta obsession with Latin words for the name of games. Anyone who hears it asks what it means, thus getting their attention, I guess...

Best of luck with your game.

(I got all Latin translations from http://www.freedict.com/onldict/lat.html Blame them if it's incorrect!)

Guest Anonymous Poster
I traveled through your link and noticed one of the 3-D models had the word spartan, so i looked up the greek word for war, which is polemos. What about
POLEMOS ALLOY?

Sign in to follow this