[web] HTML codes

Started by
21 comments, last by Verminox 17 years, 5 months ago
I'm editing my website right now and I need to know some HTML codes. In frameset frame, how to disable the vertical slide bar? I don't remember the tag for it, I've tried noscroll, but didn't work. I need to know it. Thanks!
Advertisement
<iframe scrolling="no"></iframe><frameset cols = "10%, 15%,*">  <frame src ="a.htm" scrolling="no"/>  <frame src ="b.htm" scrolling="yes"/>  <frame src ="c.htm" scrolling="auto"/> </frameset>

you should definitely try www.w3schools.com when you need something related to web development ;)
Thanks izua! Rating++;
And I need an 'S' and "Site" images for the top frame.
As the frameset/top frame looks right now, not so good.
By the way, I have this number '1'
at the end of every page.
Do you see it? What can it be?
thanks!

while i'm not a graphic designer myself, so i can't come up with any sugestions, if you are serious about the site, there are online freelancer webs, where you can hire experts in various it/programming/graphics (or almost anything related to computers) via a web interface, that can help you with your job.

there was rent-a-coder once in a while, i don't know if it's still up.

you can also try making the artwork yourself. with a few hours of photoshop tutorials (freely available on the net) and a tiny amount of imagination, you can come up with something pretty decent for a logo.

the only thing i can really recommend you at the moment (though a bit offtopic :P), is to get a free good hosting, prefferably with server-side scripting. have the smallest amount of visitors, and paff! your site is out for a while from geocities, due to bandwidth restrictions. zephyrhosting.net have great packages for free, if you can explain the guys what you are going to do on your site. they're also ad-free, and have a ton of space!

later edit: i see no "1". i use opera 8.51

izua
Thanks again!

I use Mozilla Firefox, I was told it was better than IE.
I see the '1'. Maybe there's the fault at geocities.
Quote:Original post by programering
That's purely opinion, not any sort of actual fact.

One thing to keep in mind however is that the majority of your visitors (assuming you ever get any) will probably be using Internet Explorer, so you should test in it as well.

Also... why are you using the frameset? It's not really serving any purpose as-is.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Quote:Original post by Kazgoroth
That's purely opinion, not any sort of actual fact.

One thing to keep in mind however is that the majority of your visitors (assuming you ever get any) will probably be using Internet Explorer, so you should test in it as well.

Also... why are you using the frameset? It's not really serving any purpose as-is.

I though I make a new site on the site that izua recommended.
Save the old geocities site, make it ready as well.
By the way, I have this number '1'
at the end of every page.
Do you see it? What can it be?

Usually this is a problem with the server side language you are using. I remember I had this on my page on two ocassions while using PHP:

1.) I tried to echo a boolean value, which, when true, echo'ed 1.

2.) I had something like:

function dothis(){  print "Hey";}print dothis();

This, again, became like the first case because print() returns true and I tried to print() it again which made it show a 1.

--------------------------------------Amaze your friends! Astound your family! Kennify your text!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement