• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[web] HTML codes

This topic is 4196 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Quote:
Original post by Tesseract
dunno if this is an issue, but all of your HTML tags should be lowercase only. <body> is correct, <Body> is not. Likewise :visited, :hover, font-weight, etc.

You can use caps in class names and IDs, but really shouldn't, if possible.

I don't think it is that.

Advertisement
I think it is. HTML parsers can handle a bit of weird capitalisation. CSS will not (on purpose). Convert everything to lowercase and try again.

1. Alhough HTML parsers might accept caps in tags for backward compatibility, you should never use caps for CSS properties.

2. Your <link> tag is after your head tag closes and before your body tag opens. There is nothing in between head and body, so put the <link> inside your head.

3. Most improtantly, even with all these flaws, Firefox at least, would still be kind enough to display everything correctly if you use the correct properties. There is no such thing as font-color. Just color.
color: red;

PS: As i said, caps wern't your problem here, but you should make everything lowercase anyway. Caps kill kittens.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement